TOPIC: Leadership Lessons From Bible Characters (X) (MFM Daily Devotional 10 August 2021)
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 26-29
FIRE SCRIPTURE: John 13:1-17
1 Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.
2 And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, to betray him;
3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;
4 He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself.
5 After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples’ feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.
6 Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.
11 For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.
12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?
13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another’s feet.
15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.
MEMORY VERSE: “But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister.” – Matthew 20:26
The best leaders are servant leaders. They serve those they lead.
PRAISE WORSHIP: Take a worship song as led by the Holy Spirit
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY:
I PROPHESY THAT GOD WILL USE YOU AS A TRUE EXAMPLE OF BIBLICAL LEADERSHIP, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.
The life of Jesus Christ has several leadership lessons we can learn from. One of such important leadership lessons is that leaders are servants.
A powerful image in the life of Jesus was when he washed his disciples’ feet in John 13. When He finished, He said to them, “You call me teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am. If I then, the Lord and teacher washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet.” Jesus, of course, wasn’t talking about feet. He was talking about servant-leadership. Great leaders focus on serving those who follow them. Great leaders wash their people’s feet.
In every political system around the world, every time a leader abandons this attribute and principle to seek his selfish interest, the followers suffer and after some time they revolt and often times the leader fails and is toppled. Leaders are representatives of the people in the corridor of power. They are not meant to be terrors to the people. Rather, they are supposed to be sensitive and empathetic towards the feelings and needs of the people. They are supposed to be God’s eyes and hands to help the helpless and give hope to the hopeless. They are supposed to humble themselves and serve the masses. It is when they do all these that they please God.
In many parts of the world, Africa inclusive, there have been many oppressive and tyrannical leaders. Many have no regards for human rights, the constitution, rule of law, human lives and even the Bible. They act with magisterial disposition and authority as if they will not give account to God. Such are unChristlike in their leadership style. Beloved, do not join them.
Great leadership is not defined by the leader’s wealth and riches, fleet of cars, palatial houses, private jets and yachts, but by his or her obedience in God’s principle of servant-leadership and how many lives he or she is able to change positively for God. It begins with conforming to the image of Christ in humility and love.
- Father, help me to be a servant-leader as Jesus exemplified, in the name of Jesus.
- I destroy the spirit of pride and its consequences, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, clothe me with the spirit of humility, in the name of Jesus.
- I receive the grace to serve God and others with all I have, in the name of Jesus.
- I shall not be a terror to followers but a source of hope and comfort to them, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, make me a defender of the weak and oppressed, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, help me to obey You in all things and at all times, in the name of Jesus.
MFM 2021 SEVENTY DAYS PRAYER & FASTING PROGRAMME – 10 AUGUST 2021
PRAYER BATTLE (2)
SECTION 1: WIPING OFF DARK HANDWRITING
Scripture Reading: Matthew 27
Confession: Colossians 2:14-15 – Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
DAY 2: (Tuesday 10 August, 2021) Break by 2pm [Local Time]
The Bible In 70 Days (Day 2: Genesis 18:21 – 31:16)
Prayer of Praise and Thanksgiving (To be said daily – see below)
- Arrow of sorrow and weeping, fired into my life, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers rearranging my destiny to be an emptier, be disappointed, in the name of Jesus.
- Every arrow chasing me away from my place of blessings, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers using my shadow to send me arrows, use your hands against yourselves, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers sending demons to use my shadow to scare me to death, be wasted by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers pushing me into the business that will waste my life, fail woefully, in the name of Jesus.
- My name, written before evil shrine, become terror, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers pursuing my blood for fun, be wasted in your own blood, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers burying my virtues in any satanic coffin, catch fire, in Jesus’ name
- Cemetery demons, claiming me as their friend, I reject you by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and break the chain dragging me into the coffin of darkness, in the name of Jesus.
- Voice of darkness commanding me into a coffin, be silent by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Poverty attached to my glory, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Net of my destiny, hear the voice of the Lord, break no more, in Jesus’ name.
- Powers waiting to break my net, I will see you no more, in the name of Jesus.
- Evil manifestation in whatever I touch, expire, in the name of Jesus.
- Anyone born of a woman, presently using my glory, your time is up, release it, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers attacking what I will become in life, receive the arrow of death, in the name of Jesus.
- Who is that person using my glory to take stars in the evil society? Die and scatter by the thunder of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil bird dragging my destiny away, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
- My day of success, blocked by witchcraft bird, be unblocked by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Antagonistic birds at the point of my success and my breakthroughs, receive the judgement of God and die, in the name of Jesus.
- I command the witchcraft bird, flying across my room whenever good things are about to locate me, to catch fire and die, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and trouble those using evil birds to trouble my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- Powers boasting against my life, anger of God, destroy them, in Jesus’ name.
- O God, arise and fight for my glory and my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
- Anyone that turned himself to a wasting power against me, waste yourself, in the name of Jesus.
- Strange battles sent to catch up with me, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
PRAYER OF PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING
(TO BE SAID DAILY)
Father in the name of Jesus, I thank You for:
- Drawing me to prayer and power,
- The salvation of my soul,
- Baptizing me with the Holy Spirit,
- Producing spiritual gifts upon my life,
- The fruits of the spirit working in me,
- The wonderful gift of praise,
- All the ways You have intervened in my affairs,
- Your divine plan for my life,
- You will never leave me nor forsake me,
- Bringing me to a place of maturity and deeper life,
- Lifting me up when I fall,
- Keeping me in perfect peace,
- Making all things work together for good for me,
- Protecting me from the snares of the fowler and from the noisome pestilence,
- The wonder-working power in Your Word and in the Blood of the Lamb,
- Giving Your angels charge over me,
- Fighting for me against my adversaries,
- Making me more than a conqueror,
- Supplying all my needs according to Your riches in glory,
- Your healing power upon my body, soul and spirit,
- Flooding my heart with the light of heaven,
- Always causing me to triumph in Christ Jesus,
- Turning my curses into blessings,
- Enabling me to dwell in safety,
- All the blessings of life,
- Your greatness, power, glory, majesty, splendor and righteousness,
- Silencing the foe and the avenger,
- You are at my right hand and I shall not be moved,
- You are trustworthy and will help Your own,
- Not allowing my enemies to rejoice over me,
- Your wonderful love,
- You are great and greatly to be praised,
- Delivering my soul from death and my feet from stumbling,
- You are my fortress and refuge in time of trouble,
- Your faithfulness and marvellous deeds,
- Your act of power and surpassing greatness,
- Dispersing spiritual blindness from my spirit,
- Lifting me out of the depths,
- Preserving me and keeping my feet from slipping,
- Your name is a strong tower, the righteous runs into it and he is safe.