TODAY’S TOPIC: Open Heavens Devotional 22 December 2021- Good Success vs Bad Success
MEMORISE: Joshua 1:8
“This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”
READ: Deuteronomy 28:1-14 (KJV)
1. The wicked flee when no man pursueth; but the righteous are bold as a lion.
2. For the transgression of a land many are the princes thereof; but by a man of understanding and knowledge the state thereof shall be prolonged.
3. A poor man that oppresseth the poor is like a sweeping rain which leaveth no food.
4. They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.
5. Evil men understand not judgment; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.
6. Better is the poor that walketh in his uprightness, than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich.
7. Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son; but he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father.
8. He that by usury and unjust gain increaseth his substance, he shall gather it for him that will pity the poor.
9. He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
10. Whoso causeth the righteous to go astray in an evil way, he shall fall himself into his own pit; but the upright shall have good things in possession.
11. The rich man is wise in his own conceit; but the poor that hath understanding searcheth him out.
12. When righteous men do rejoice, there is great glory; but when the wicked rise, a man is hidden.
13. He that covereth his sins shall not prosper; but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
14. Happy is the man that feareth alway; but he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief.
Open Heavens For Today – Good Success vs Bad Success
If God talked about good success in Joshua 1:8, then this implies that there is bad success. As God gives good success, the devil also can give the bad kind. In Matthew 4:8-10, the devil showed Jesus Christ the glory of this world and asked Jesus to worship him, promising that he could give Him all the glories of this world. Thank God our Lord Jesus Christ will never worship the devil. It is unfortunate however that many of His children are turning to worship the devil in exchange for success today. Many people indulge in crime, money rituals, and so on to achieve success. That is bad success – success from the devil. This is the type that comes with sorrows (Matthew 16:26).
When you get good success, God will make you rich materially; as well as emotionally, spiritually, maritally, psychologically, and mentally. I don’t know about you, but as for me I want the kind of success that God gives. I will tell you why many people do not choose God’s path to success: they believe God’s way is difficult and the devil’s is easier, but Proverbs 14:12 tells us:
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
What the devil gives you will eventually fade away and will not be void of troubles; only what God gives will last, give you peace of mind, and keep you holy (Proverbs 10:22), (1 John 2:15-17).
Joseph enjoyed good success. He was a slave, yet the Bible says he was successful, because God was with him (Genesis 39:2). Daniel was a captive in the land of Babylon, yet, he was made the chief of the governors over all the wise men in that empire because he was a man who feared God (Daniel 2:48). Josiah was just eight years old when he became king (2 Kings 22:1). As long as he obeyed God, his reign was successful. King Saul, on the other hand, wanted the success that the world gives; he wanted to be praised by men and to build earthly monuments for himself. His end was destruction. Beloved, I don’t want you to desire the success that the world gives, which only brings you happiness for the moment; instead, desire the success that God gives.
Joshua 1:8, says that when you obey the word of God, good success is guaranteedThis is the type of success that comes without sorrow (Proverbs 10:22).
Father, please bless me with all-round success that comes from You alone, in Jesus’ name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: