Open Heaven 5 February 2022 TOPIC: Living In Glory II
MEMORISE: I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. – Psalm 37:25
READ: Genesis 26:12-14 (KJV)
12 Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the Lord blessed him.
13 And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:
14 For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 17-18
Open Heaven 5 February 2022 MESSAGE:
Glory is a shame terminator. Wherever the glory of God is present, shame will never be found there. Hence, anything that is shameful, embarrassing and humiliating, – such as sickness, poverty, a sinful lifestyle, backsliding, bondage, and failure, should not be identified with children of God.
Poverty is closely associated with hunger, nakedness, homelessness, begging for alms, and wandering. Indeed, poverty is evil, and it has a way of dehumanizing people. However, being a child of God or attending church services or programmes does not automatically cast away poverty. To be free from poverty, you must be completely obedient to God. In today’s bible reading, Isaac was determined to pursue greener pasture in Egypt in order to escape the terrible famine in the land. The Lord however warned him not to take that step, then showed him where he should dwell. Isaac obeyed and God blessed him greatly, as we see in Genesis 26:12-14:
“Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him. And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.”
In essence, the bible is saying that Isaac reaped the fruit of obedience. Furthermore, to be free from poverty, one must be diligent in business. Despite God’s promises of abundant blessings in Genesis 26:3, Isaac did not fold his hands, waiting for the miracle. He cultivated, sowed, and laboured hard on the field, then the Lord fulfilled his promise by blessing his labour. Also, we must persevere in the face of obstacles on our way to achieving our success. There is always an interval between sowing and reaping. It is usually a period when obstacles and challenges come at you from every angle; perseverance is highly required to overcome.
Finally, you must not be a robber of God’s tithes, first fruit and offerings. Obedience in all things is needed to live a glorious life free of poverty, shame, and all sorts of evil put together.
Open Heaven 5 February 2022 PRAYER POINT
Father, please let your glory fill me and set me free from poverty in Jesus’ name.
Scroll Down for RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 5 February 2022 HYMN 25: To God Be The Glory Great Things He Hath Done
1, To God be the glory
Great things He has done
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son
Who yielded His life an atonement for sin
And opened the life-gate that all may go in
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord
Let the earth hear His voice
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord
Let the people rejoice
Come to the Father
Through Jesus the Son
Give Him the glory
Great things He has done
2, perfect redemption, the purchase of blood
To every believer the promise of God
The vilest offender who truly believes
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives
3, Great things He has taught us, great things He has done
And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son
But purer, and higher, and greater will be
Our wonder, our worship, when Jesus we see
RCCG FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE FOR YEAR 2022 (50 DAYS)
DAY 26– SAT, FEB 5TH, 2022
PRAYERS FOR MINISTERS AND CHURCH WORKERS
BIBLE TEXT: 2CHRO 29:11, PSA 104:4, ISA 61:6
Apostle Paul repeatedly requested prayers from brethren because it is essential. It is a prerequisite for any minister or worker to be effective and to achieve good results in the ministry.
- Father, we thank you for the lives of your true ministers and church workers in Jesus name. 2Tim 2:2.
- Father, let your ministers and church workers live an exemplary and a sanctified life in Jesus name. Joe 1:13, 2:17.
- Father, make your ministers sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, of the spirit and not of the letters, in Jesus name. 2Cor 3:6.
- Father, make them flame of fire and a terror to the kingdom of darkness, in Jesus name, Heb 1:7, Psa 104:4
- Father, give all your ministers the Spirit of the fear of the Lord, in Jesus name. Isa 11:2.
- Lord, give your ministers the three-fold Spirit of Power, Love and of a sound mind as they serve you sincerely, in Jesus name, 2Tim 1:7.
- Every plant you have not planted in your church, Lord let them be uprooted by Holy Ghost fire, in Jesus name. Mat 15:13.
- Father, let your ministers always seek to depend on you alone, (God the father) and not on god fathers, in Jesus name. Psa 18:2.
- Father, let every satanic altar erected against your ministers and church be demolished by the fire of the Holy Ghost in Jesus name. Num 23:1-2.
- Father, let any hand that want to trouble me because of my kingdom service dry up and wither in the name of Jesus, 1ki 13:4-5.
- Father, let the lives of your ministers and workers be a living sacrifice unto you forever, Rom 12:1.
- Father, let the lives of your ministers and church workers give you glory all the time and worthy of emulation to upcoming members in Jesus name, Col 1:27.
- Father, bless your ministers and church workers with everything they needed to succeed in their assignment in Jesus name. Psa 68:19.
- Oh Lord, build a wall of fire around your ministers, church workers and their families in Jesus name. Zec 2:5.
- Father, take away sickness, diseases, infirmities from the household of your ministers and church workers in Jesus name. Exo 23:25.